High value leadership development for tough times that doesn't cost a fortune and doesn't take your managers away from their job
Hi, I'm Mac Farquhar. Thank you for visiting my website, and let me get straight to the point ...
In these tough economic times it’s vital that we grow more leaders throughout our organisations, and by that I mean not just managers, to get us through the downturn as quickly as possible. We need every £ spent to give give a high return and be a sound investment for the future.
That’s why I have focused all my attention on providing high value leadership development that is straightforward, accessible and affordable to:
- Boost confidence and give people a big lift
- Increase profit
- Reduce cost
- Get the buzz back into work
There is some great work already being done with the support of Scottish Enterprise, but for a number of reasons, 40-50% of businesses in Scotland do not invest in management and leadership development, despite its clear links with high performance and productivity, and continued discontent amongst staff with the negative management styles that sadly prevail in the workplace.
So, Houston, we have a problem!
Inspiring small shifts in attitude to make a BIG difference in performance
High-quality, low-cost solutions for growing more leaders in tough times to transform business performance
In our experience, the impact of leaders on organisational transformation is as important as all the other 10 levers combined -- Dr Peter Fuda, The Alignment Partnership, Sydney, Australia
- Do you wish you could somehow give your hard working managers a real boost, but can’t afford the time or the money to have them away on expensive leadership training and development?
- Are you worried about not being able to invest as much as you would like in the development of your up and coming young talent?
- Are you caught in the old trap of “can’t afford to – can’t afford not to” develop your managers?
- Are you a manager crying out for some development to help you do your job better?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication -- Leonardo Da Vinci
Well, the good news is that you don’t have to spend a fortune to give your managers the boost they deserve, and you don’t have to have them away from their job to do it.
I know what it feels like not to be able to do all you would want to do for your managers. So, I want to make it easy for you to take the first step towards solving this by minimising the risk of investing in leadership development, and keeping it plain and simple.
For only £134 + vat per manager, I guarantee to help your managers raise their game and enjoy becoming confident leaders, with the people skills to lift people's spirits and quickly get your business on the fast-track to success.
Here’s what they will receive:
- FREE ‘Trust at Work’ online video training series
- FREE Personal Energy Audit to be successful at anything - mind, body, spirit, emotion
- FREE Assessment of how engaging they are as leaders
- FREE Assessment of their impact and influence
- A copy of the No.1 leadership book on the planet, Steve Radcliffe's 'Leadership Plain and Simple'
- An in-depth leadership assessment report and coaching session with me that will show them how to start engaging and inspiring their people instead of just managing them.
- A leadership development plan that they can manage on their own, or with the help of someone they trust
Can you imagine the difference this will make to your managers and your business for such a small, guaranteed investment? Success breeds success, and this investment will pay for itself many times over.
Why not have a look at my Linkedin profile and testimonials below while you think it over?
Or get in touch if you would like to talk it over and have a look at the materials to gain a clearer picture of the benefits this will bring to you.
Need an even more immediate and complete solution NOW! for your fast developing leadership talent?
Then say the word and you can have it immediately for less than the cost of a 2-day training course: a comprehensive transformational leadership programme, delivered online in 7 parts over 70 days, that they manage and control themselves, with webinar-based coaching support from the UK leadership experts who lived and breathed it for 10 years. It comes with a 100% money back guarantee from PeopleIntelligence.com, so you don't have to worry whether you've made the right choice and your rising stars will be delighted that you are investing in their development, the no.1 priority for Generation Y. And it will be at their side throughout their entire career to guide and sustain them as principled leaders who do the right thing by their people for the continued success of their business.
Then again ... you may prefer to take your time
In which case it might be useful for you to know that over many years of working with many well known organisations like BT, Royal Mail, United Utilities, Scottish Water, the MoD and the Scottish Parliament, I stand by the following:
- I like to achieve results quickly and effectively by focusing directly on the impact that leaders are having - on themselves and on all those around them. No big, expensive programmes, just confidence boosting attention and skills development using the best tools around
- The goal is high levels of engagement, performance, productivity and profit, but that's only achievable through trust and meaningful work, so context is everything and I work with your reality, not theory.
- Around 80% of an employee's decision to engage or disengage is dependent on the relationship with their immediate manager. Right there is the reason why you would come to me. That's what my coaching and development focuses on. It's aimed right at the heart of turning managers into leaders, and by focusing on their impact on people, it's quicker and more effective than any training course or leadership programme, good as many of them are. And it's coaching rather than training for the same reason, i.e. more is learned in a shorter time from applying new attitudes, beliefs, skills and knowledge than attending courses and days away.
- Leadership is first and foremost an "inside job", one of self-belief, healthy self-awareness, presence and personal authenticity. The "outside job" of building trust and strong relationships that inspire and engage others, is only possible if the "inside job" has been done, and done well. Once again, you won't get this from training courses or leadership programmes. You will from me.
- Leadership and management go hand in hand to deliver outstanding performance. However, the temptation is for managers to do more managing than leading because it's easier. And the temptation for organisations is to spend a lot of money on leadership programmes that rarely deliver on their promises. It's not inspiring and it's not engaging, and it's not the best we can do.
- Inspiring and engaging people is an emotional thing. People want to feel fulfilled and proud at work, and it is hugely important that we help managers as leaders to create a climate at work that makes this possible. "Simply put, a leader’s job is to energise others. It’s not part of their job; it is their job. Every interaction a leader has is either going to positively energise those around them or negatively energise them." Noel Tichy
- Managers are put off leadership because it appears complicated and hard to describe, let alone do. In reality, it's not. Joe Griffen and Ivan Tyrrell worked out for us in the "Human Givens" what we, as leaders, need to focus on in order to lift people's spirits. You can count them on the fingers of two hands, but if you want to get even more succinct, Sir Terry Leahy, former chief executive of Tesco, summed it up like this: “People really only need four things at work: a job that interests them, a chance to get on, to be treated with respect and to have a boss that helps them. It’s not a lot to ask.”
While you mull it over, why not have a look now under the 'Services' tab at the range of learning and development solutions I have designed and delivered for authentic, emotionally intelligent leaders?
When you're ready, give me a call and we can talk through your needs in a relaxed and enjoyable way so that we can start to do some really good work together.
I absolutely loved the emotional intelligence tool for improving personal performance and think it is the most accurate and useful report I have seen. I found your style to be very conducive to the process as I felt comfortable and at ease and felt that you had a very good knowledge of the tool and the reports.
HR & Total Quality Manager, Edinburgh International Conference Centre
Mac is an exceptional facilitator. Having had some less than ideal experiences previously with facilitators, Mac was exemplary. There is no way that the session could have achieved the success it did without his input. He constructed a very balanced but responsive programme for our top team review. His personal style suited the format of the day very well and he struck just the right balance of structure and facilitation.We will have another session in six months time. Mac will definitely be invited back to facilitate and build on what we did.”
Director General Ships, Ministry of Defence
Mac and Roger, were extremely skilled and knowledgeable, and I would certainly recommend them to anyone interested in learning anything about management and business skills. The practical exercises were particularly well thought out and kept us all engaged. I would certainly be interested in attending further courses run by these trainers. Definitely the best course I’ve been to.
Process Scientist, United Utilities, Cumbria
I just wanted to let you know that I have received some feedback from a recent attendee on your personal development programme. She gave it the highest review and came back “buzzing” from all the insight she had received via the 360° report and Myers Briggs coaching. Her mentor, who gave me the feedback, could already see the change in her approach and how she had grown in confidence over the last few weeks! She was highly complimentary about the trainers John and Mac, and I’d be grateful if you could pass this on to them.
Programme Sponsor, Ministry of Defence